February 23, 2022 • Jason Kern • Income Properties
Power Questions to Ask Your CPA
As you grow your list of income properties over time you’ll want to make sure you’ve got the right talent on your team. If all goes well for you it’ll be important to let your team do what they do best and ease your work load to. That said, your CPA is a critical part of this team so you’ll want to make sure you’re choosing the right one. Consider these questions when you sit down with a prospective new team member:
- Do you work with other rental income property owners?
- What programs do you use? QB? QBonline? Spreadsheets?
- How do you share the reports? PDF? Do I need a copy of QB?
- Can you help with budgeting?
- What are your rates and how are they different from monthly/periodic care and feeding? Returns vs ongoing advice?
- In what states are you licensed aside from Maine?
- What happens if I get audited?
- What do you need from me each month and over time to work best? (include how much time this takes)